If any one of you would like to trek in Jumla or you are in Jumla , I would like to inform you Mt.Khadi region that lies in Patarasi Village Municipality could be one of your life time experience because this year we did cave trek (cooking and sleeping in caves) even their was snowing all the time,so you can imagine how safe and finest area this is....
Why this trek?
- Many unexplored Sacred temples,waterfall and Lakes are on the way.
- Closest meadows in Nepal where Yarshagumba (latin name cordyceps sinesis) is found.
- Home of endangered wild animals Musk Deer, Red Panda,Blue Sheeps,Bear,,Himalayan Thar,Serow(Goral),Wild Boar and more.
- Finest forest of Bamboo , Betula utilis(Bhojpatra), Brown Oak (Kharsu) a himalayan cedar(Deodar) ,Rhododendron alongside of Tila river
- Pristine river,wide and finest trail
- Undiscovered stories and deities available in this region.
- Home of Jumla's highest mountain called Mt.Patarasi,Mt.Khadi,Mt.Bijara and other mountains which are not yet climbed.
- Highest herbs production areas of Jumla.
- Highest place on earth where rice is cultivated.
- camping trek to meadows of Dolpa and Mugu can be done from this area,which is not yet explored by any trekkers.
Facts of the Trek
Level of difficulties : Medium
Trail condition : very flat and wide enough with very less uphill
Minimum Day required : A week
We have various options for your trek trek as per your needs including Mt.Bijara, Mt.Patarasi, Mt.Kanjirowa, Bailgada lakes, only Copper and Iron source area,Meadows of Mugu and Dolpa.
|Mt.Khadi,a border of Jumla and Dolpa|
|sheepards on the way to Khani meadow.|
|girl and her firewood|
|Bagauli Baba Temple,it is believed that baba look after travellers from any crisis in area of Pere village to Baligada area/|
|mother in law and her daughter in law carrying firewood to Pere village from chahara, a 5/6 hrs walk. percentage of early marriage in this area is very high.|
|Gharal pairo bridge.|
|do not worry to carry tents,stove and gases to this trek because lots of caves,wooden log and firewood on the way to mt.Khadi keeps you warm and safe.|
|Trekking trail to Khani is the finest trail with forest of bamboo , Betula utilis(Bhojpatra), Brown Oak (Kharsu) a himalayan cedar(Deodar) ,Rhododendron alongside of Tila river.|
|Trekking trail to Khani is the finest trail with forest of bamboo,Betula utilis(Bhojpatra), Brown Oak (Kharsu) a himalayan cedar(Deodar) ,forest of Rhododendron alongside of Tila river.|
|Baligada temple with Bluesheeps horns offered by local hunters. Every travellers and local offered pooja to this temple for their security and safety.It is believed that Bailgada baba look after safety to those who offered pooja from Baligata temple to Mugu and Dolpa meadows.|
|trail that passed forest of bamboo,Betula utilis(Bhojpatra)|
|once you reach to destination you will forget all difficulties and pain you face on the way.|
|it's completely an unique experience to pass the trail under ,above and on the fallen trees trail to Mt.Khadi.|
|amazing trail with roots of trees.|
|Baligada wooden bridge.|
|scary bridge above tila river on the way to Khani Patan.almost 13 bridges need to cross to reach khani grassland.|
|forest of Betula utilis(Bhojpatra)|
|way to Mt.Khadi|
|@ Cheptey cave,a cave where we just able to lie down.|
|Dewal @ Khani grassland.|
|travellers passing bridge at Khani river.|
|Khani grassland, a closest and easiest place to trek where Yarshagumba or Yarsha found.|
|cooking in stone cave at Khani grassland.|