In the memory of 9000 people who were killed on 25 April 2015 by the hit of 7.9 magnitude earthquake, this World’s Highest Race is been organized first time ever. The earthquake triggered an avalanche on Mount Everest, and killed several life, making 25 April 2015 the deadliest day on the mountain in history. We select the same date 25 April and also Everest Region let to know the world that Nepal is now entirely safe to travel. Upcoming each year on same date this race will be organized.
What was the distance?
The distance of entire race was of 31.7 KM (running distance), which is 21.7 KM in straight point distance calculation from Kalapathar (5644m) to Syangboche (3780m).
Among all participants organiser made 2 categories for the winner i.e. Male and Female Category.
Winners of Male Category:
- Sumun Kulung from Gudel (Solukhumbu) won the race of 31.7 Km running distance with his completing time of 3 hours and 46 seconds. (1st)
- Damodar Budha Magar (Peuthan) completed the race in 3 hours 32.22min and placed himself in second position. (2nd)
- Hari Kumar Rimal from Tribhuvan Army Club became 3rd in male category after completing 31.7 KM race in 3 hours 56.21 min.
winner of Male and Female category with Tashi lakpa Sherpa,chairman of 14 peak expedition.Winners of Female Category:
- Ms. Sunmaya Budha (Jumla) become first among all female runners by completing 31.7 KM in 3 hours 58.36min from Kalapathar to Syangboche. (1st)
- Ms. Humi Budha Magar (Peuthan) completed the trail in 5 hours 6.52 min and placed herself in 2nd position in female category. (2nd)
- Ms. Preeti Khattri, in 8 hours 4.46min completed the distance of 31.7 KM all from an altitude of 5550m to 3780m and became 3rd in Female category.
Masti of Sunmaya Budha at start line at kalapatthar.
Athletes Umesh Rokaya from Jumla on his way from Kalapatthar. Mt.Everest in background
Diego closed to finishing line at Syanboche
Mt Everest in background way to Kalapatthar.
Ghoral,called Serol wild animals can be viewed closed to Namchey Bazaar.
Stupa on the way to Everest basecamp.
Arthletes receiving Certificate from Mr.Hari Rokaya.
athletes competing on Breathless A worlds highest race.
Humi Budhamagar on her way to Synboche.
Suman Kulung at finishing line
happy faces of female winner 1st Sunmaya Budha back and 2nd Humi Budhamagar infront after completing races